Inclusivity and diversity are two key areas of emphasis for companies in a variety of industries and business sectors. Human resources divisions for businesses both large and small are continually seeking new strategies for improving inclusivity and diversity within their organizations. One approach involves the use of machine learning technology to augment the capabilities of business messaging apps. This, in essence, transforms a company’s enterprise messaging platform into a better, more robust communication channel; a channel that engages users in new ways. But how is this achieved, precisely? And what are the benefits to your business?
Using Machine Learning on Business Messaging App Platforms
Machine learning or ML technology is centered around artificial intelligence algorithms, which are gradually modified and improved over time. Machine learning detects trends and patterns, which are processed in a way that identifies new opportunities for changes and improvements. The algorithm is continually modified in small increments, resulting in a better, more efficient platform when all is said and done. Machine learning changes may be configured to require human approval or you can automate the entire process, with the changes implemented automatically.
In the context of a business messaging mobile app, machine learning can be used to achieve any number of objectives. Here are a couple use cases to consider.
Machine Learning for Keyword Monitoring – Machine learning can be used to recognize keyword terms and phrases that may be considered offensive. Since no keyword blacklist is truly exhaustive, machine learning can be leveraged in a way that allows you to detect variants of terms on your list. This makes your keyword monitoring “smarter” and more automated, relieving much of the burden on human app moderators. This also means that moderators can be less intrusive in their attempts to maintain platform inclusivity. Machine learning empowers moderators in a way that preserves users’ privacy more effectively.
Machine Learning for Moderating Message Threads – Machine learning technology can be used to monitor and automatically moderate a business messaging app’s group chat threads. Manually moderating these in-app conversations is time-consuming and tedious. And this says nothing of the intrusiveness of having a moderator who continually peeks in to ensure that everyone is behaving. Instead, AI with machine learning technology can be used to detect bad actors and take action when it’s warranted. Over time, the algorithm is refined using ML and this feature becomes more and more efficient. At the end of the day, you have a more user-friendly platform that’s more inclusive and conducive to productivity.
Machine learning can be used for a variety of other purposes on a business messaging app, extending beyond the realm of diversity and inclusion. For instance, you can use this technology to develop automatic responses to messages for support requests. It’s also possible to use machine learning and artificial intelligence to generate reply suggestions. This can be especially useful for customer support messages or commonly-submitted requests, such as a request to schedule a meeting, for instance.
How Can Machine Learning Improve a Business Messaging App?
Machine learning, when combined with artificial intelligence technology, can bring lots of benefits to a company’s business messaging app platform. A few of these advantages include the following.
- More efficient moderation – Machine learning-powered AI technology can be used to moderate the business messaging platform, while simultaneously freeing human moderators to focus on other higher-level tasks.
- Better keyword monitoring – By automating the keyword monitoring process, you can be on the lookout for blacklisted terms and phrases that may signal abuse or other problematic conversations on the app platform. The machine learning component allows you to detect new terms, such as variants of your blacklisted keyword phrases.
- Preserving privacy – Machine learning-powered AI technology can be used to moderate and monitor the business messaging app to detect abuse and other inappropriate engagements. And since a human moderator doesn’t need to “patrol” message threads, user privacy is preserved very effectively. Human moderators need only to review chats that have been identified as having a high probability of being problematic. By maintaining user privacy, you keep morale levels high without compromising in terms of moderation.
Machine learning, when combined with AI technology, transforms your business messaging platform into an enterprise communication channel that is constantly improving and evolving at pace with your users. It turns your business messaging app into a dynamic platform that will improve your company’s communication capabilities by leaps and bounds.
Streamlining Communications With a Business Messaging App
SayHey Messenger® is a unique and regulatory-compliant business instant messaging platform that solves many of the challenges that companies face when it comes to communication. The team at 7T developed SayHey Messenger® as a method for patching the holes in your company’s messaging situation.
The SayHey Messenger® app features:
- Data sovereignty for control and ownership of all messaging data;
- Fully compliant instant messaging for regulated businesses;
- Seamlessly integrates into existing company software platforms;
- Admin portal for moderation, auditing, and inclusivity;
- SayHey Spaces for company-wide broadcasts and team collaborations;
- Engaging, intuitive user interface for incredible adoption rates;
- Send compliant SMS messages to external users with full data retention; and
- Custom UI with your logo, colors and branding elements for a style that’s all yours.
SayHey Messenger® offers two deployments: a SayHey Messenger® Business deployment with a mobile app platform (for iOS and Android) and web app portal. There’s also SayHey Messenger® Enterprise deployments, which entail storing all messaging data in the client’s private cloud environment and the platform is fully integrated within the client’s existing software platforms, including mobile applications. This allows users to access their instant messages without leaving the screen, leading to greater productivity, higher user adoption rates and better efficiency.
Consider using SayHey Messenger® as your business messaging platform. And the best part? We can deploy this business messaging solution in a matter of days. Contact us today to learn more about SayHey Messenger®.